Doctors Save Puppy Who Swallowed 2 Squeaky Toys Weeks Ago

LEVITTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Philadelphia puppy is getting back to his bouncy self after two plastic squeaky toys were removed from his stomach.

Doctors at Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center in Levittown say the only sign that 6-month-old Jasper was having problems was he couldn’t keep food down. He otherwise seemed energetically normal.

They say X-rays showed the two balls were taking up most of the space in the Cane Corso’s stomach.

Dr. Scott Joudrey, who surgically removed the red-and-green balls on Saturday, says “dogs eat crazy things.”

In the last year, the suburban Philadelphia practice treated a bulldog named Elvis that ate three pacifiers and a mixed-breed dog that scarfed down a pair of calf-high boots.

Jasper’s owner, Michael Ehrlich, of Philadelphia, says he thinks the dog swallowed the toys weeks ago.

Also on HuffPost:

– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

—> Read More