Short Film Showcase: Experience Vibrant Oman in Under Four Minutes
In this short film from Marko Roth, four friends capture a 12-day adventure through Oman. Immerse yourself in the smells, sights, and sounds of this stunning country situated on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. Take in every inch of its beauty as these travelers climb mountains, dive into crystal-clear waters, and walk through bustling city streets. I spoke with Marko about his trip.
Why did you and your friends choose to travel to Oman?
My friends Lucas, Dominik, Vivi, and I were looking for cheap flights and found one to Muscat. A place we had never heard about meant something new to discover—we had to go.
What was the best part of the trip?
We never saw any big tourist groups, no annoying people with their huge cameras. It was calm. We had to work to discover all the beautiful spots; there were no signs and you couldn’t really trust the GPS. I loved that.
Was there anything that surprised you about the country?
All the Omanis were so friendly and helpful. We received amazing feedback for this film. Two Omanis have invited us for dinner and we received more than 80 overwhelming messages thanking us for displaying their country.
If you could recommend five things for people to do/eat/see while they’re there, what would those be?
- Meal or meals: Chicken sandwich and dates. I fell in love with dates in Oman. It’s almost impossible to find tasty ones in Germany.
- Cities to explore: Muscat, Salalah, and Musandam
- Things to do: You have to check out the dry riverbeds known as wadis. There are amazing spots to cliff-jump!
- Café: You get your daily dose of Arabic tea with dates everywhere.
- Don’t be scared of the religion or anything like that. We felt safe. Sometimes —> Read More